Your Southern France voyage begins in Avignon, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and visit Arles, where artist Vincent van Gogh once lived. Cruise through France’s legendary wine-growing regions, where you will enjoy tastings of Beaujolais and Côtes du Rhône wines, meet local vintners, marvel at ancient Roman ruins in Vienne and take an exclusive private steam train ride from Tournon. You will have time to browse the local Christmas Markets and watch the city sparkle in festivities and tradition. You will also explore Lyon, France’s gastronomic capital.
From romantic cities to foodie havens and artistic epicenters, this itinerary enlivens all your senses. Embark in Arles, where you’ll trace the steps of famous artists and later enjoy an evening illumination cruise. Savor the beauty of legendary vineyards and imbibe in local vintages like Beaujolais and Côtes du Rhône. You can even become an expert in all things culinary: go in search of the highly prized "Black Diamond" truffles; learn how to pair chocolate with wine; and discover how olives turn into the Mediterranean’s nectar, olive oil.
Ship Information With a design inspired by classic ocean yachts, the new 156-passenger AmaKristina (2017) offers a luxurious cruise experience on Europe’s most legendary rivers. This beautiful ship offers innovative features including connecting staterooms and triples that accommodate multi-generational families and groups. Guests will also enjoy the comfort of AmaWaterways’ signature twin balconies, hair styling and massage services, multiple dining venues, intimate wine rooms, fitness rooms and heated sun deck swimming pools with swim-up bars.
- All outside accommodations, with revolutionary “twin balconies” on the Violin and Cello decks
- Deluxe hotel-style bedding with high-thread count linens, plush pillows and duvet cover
- Your choice of one large bed (larger than queen size) or two twin beds
- Cozy sitting area perfect for admiring scenic river views
- Spacious bathrooms with multi-jet shower heads
- Premium European toiletries, plus cotton bathrobes and slippers
- Large wardrobe, full-length mirror, hair dryer, safe and direct-dial telephone
- Flat-screen TV featuring local and satellite channels
- In-room Entertainment-On-Demand system providing free Internet access, TV shows, movies and music
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily
- Extra spacious Suites (350 sq. ft.) with revolutionary “twin balconies” and mini-bar
- Roomy sitting area with a sofa and two chairs
- Marble-appointed bathroom with a bathtub, separate shower & double sinks
- Panoramic Lounge with bar; piano and dance floor; and Observation Lounge
- Complimentary specialty tea and coffee station available 24/7
- Elevator reaches the Restaurant, Lobby/Main Lounge and staterooms on Violin, Cello and Piano Decks
- Connecting and triple/quad occupancy available in select staterooms
- Beauty salon, massage and spa services
- Walking track, heated pool and fitness room
- Bicycles for exploring on one’s own or on guided bicycle tour
- Main Dining Restaurant offers regional specialties using locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef’s Table serves as an intimate dining alternative to the main restaurant. It features a view of the chef as he prepares a true tasting menu with three appetizers, a champagne sorbet intermezzo, three main courses and three decadent desserts, serving up a variety of regional specialties and traditional dishes with more choices and flavors than ever before.
- Complimentary unlimited fine wine, beer, soft drinks and specialty coffees with every lunch and dinner, plus sparkling wine at breakfast
Learn more about the ship HERE